Saltwater Shindig on The Goslings
You’re invited to join Maine Coast Heritage Trust for a Saltwater Shindig on The Goslings in Casco Bay. This is going to be a truly epic Maine coast experience!
Join James Beard award-winning chefs from Big Tree Hospitality (you know them as the folks behind Eventide Oyster Co., Hugo’s, and The Honey Paw) for a bountiful feast on your favorite Casco Bay islands, The Goslings—and support coastal conservation while you’re at it! Add handcrafted brews from Maine Beer Company and you’ve got a one-of-a-kind fundraiser like no other.
- Delicious food prepared Maine island-style, served on a beautiful Maine island, by James Beard Award-winning chefs
- The finest Maine craft beer provided by our friends at Maine Beer Company
- Staff from L.L.Bean’s Outdoor Discovery School will be there with kayaks and stand-up paddleboards for you to use
- Dinner will be served at 3:00 p.m., but come early with your family and friends to enjoy and explore the islands
- Shuttle boats depart from Portland and Brunswick – take your pick!
- Bring the kids - this event is 100% family friendly
- Everything will be sustainably sourced and as fresh as it gets
- Don’t miss this opportunity to get to know a great group of people who care as much as you do about conserving the Maine coast
This is a classic New England clambake, featuring the freshest Maine lobster, oysters, mussels, clams, corn, potatoes, and so much more! Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options available with advance notice.
Maine Beer Company will be pouring all afternoon. Wine will be available with dinner only. No other adult beverages will be permitted on the islands.
Tickets (includes boat transportation and all food and drink):
- MCHT’s current Next Wave Donors & Advisory Council and members of The President’s Circle: $75 for one or $125 for a pair.
- Adults (General public): $125 for one or $200 for a pair
- All children 12 -20: $20
- All children under 12: free
Tickets can be purchased for either the Portland departure (approx. 45 minutes by boat) or the Brunswick departure (approx. 20 minutes by boat).
- Boats leave from Foggs Boat Works, 68 Commercial Street, Portland at 11:00 a.m.
- The return trip departs The Goslings at 4:30 p.m. Each boat can accommodate 6 passengers.
- Guests must provide their own parking in Portland. Here is a list of parking options in downtown Portland.
- Boats will depart from the Mere Point Boat Launch in Brunswick between 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. Guests will be taken over in the order they arrive.
- There is no parking available at the boat launch. We will be shuttling guests to and from the boat launch in vans from a satellite parking lot in Brunswick. Details and directions will be sent with your pre-trip email.
- Return shuttle boats will depart The Goslings between 4:30 p.m. and 6:00 p.m.
What to bring:
You know the drill, pack like you’re spending the day outside—bring towels, beach chairs, blankets, sunscreen, hats, bug spray, water, etc. And of course, layers are always a good idea. Be prepared to get your feet wet getting off and on the boat at the island. There is no dock on the island.
Please note: This is a rugged, uninhabited Maine island. There are no facilities here. We will have a small port-a-potty but otherwise, be prepared to be one with nature.
Rain date and cancellation policy:
The rain date for this event is Sunday, August 25.
- If we have to cancel due to foul weather predicted for August 11, we will notify you by email 24 hours in advance and the event will be rescheduled to Sunday, August 25. Your reservation will automatically be transferred to the rain date unless you contact us prior to the trip for a refund.
- In the event of the rescheduled date, refunds will only be issued if you notify us of your cancellation at least 48 hours prior to Sunday, August 25.
- If your plans change and you can't attend the August 11 date, you must cancel at least 48 hours prior to the event to receive a refund, and to make room for others on the waiting list.
- Last minute cancellations and no-shows will not be issued a refund.
Have questions? Email Kaileigh at or call (207) 607-4357.
This event takes place at our The Goslings preserve.
This trifecta of small islands features idyllic sand beaches and inviting campsites in the heart of Casco Bay.
Pack a picnic and catch a free shuttle boat for the quick trip to Monroe Island - Maine Coast Heritage Trust's newest preserve in the Midcoast.Learn more
Join the Maine Chapter of the AMC on the New Meadows River for an afternoon paddle to Woodward Point!Learn more
Visit the annual Aldermere Farm Art Show & Sale to see an amazing array of art from local artists!Learn more
It doesn't get better than a lobster bake on a sandbar between two wild islands. Join us for a one-of-a-kind fundraiser on The Goslings.Learn more
Visit Aldermere Farm in Rockport for a show and sale of art by local artists.Learn more
The people of the town of Frenchboro have made their living from the ocean for almost 200 years and in that time, stories and legends have accumulated about the island's history. Come hear some of these stories and enjoy a guided hike through MCHT's Frenchboro Preserve and a visit to the Frenchboro Museum.Learn more
Come see the great potential this beautiful property has as a future Maine Coast Heritage Trust preserve.Learn more
Come spend the day on Long Island in the town of Frenchboro. The day includes a guided hike through the Frenchboro Preserve to learn about the island wildlife and a visit to the island museum.Learn more
Save the Date!!
Join us for our annual fall celebration and volunteer appreciation event in MDI. Event details will be available...Learn more
Come have a burger or hot dog and enjoy the company of your friends and neighbors on the edge of beautiful Sipp Bay!Learn more
Save the date for a community celebration co-hosted by Maine Coast Heritage Trust and Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust. Stay tuned for more details!Learn more