Maine-Style Island Clambake
Rain date: September 23Click Here to Register
Summer’s not over yet! We’ve got an epic island clambake coming up (looks beautiful, right?) and you’re invited.
Join James Beard award-winning chefs from Eventide Oyster Co., Hugo’s, and The Honey Paw for a bountiful feast on your favorite Casco Bay islands, The Goslings—and support coastal conservation while you’re at it!
This one-of-a-kind event is brought to you by Big Tree Hospitality, Maine Beer Company, and Maine Coast Heritage Trust’s next generation of conservation supporters working to Keep the Coast Maine!
The highlights of this event include:
- Delicious food prepared Maine island-style, served on a beautiful Maine island, by James Beard Award-winning chefs.
- Dinner will be served at 3:30, but come early with your family and friends to enjoy and explore the islands.
- Bring the kids! Boat shuttles start at 1:30 to the islands. Play all afternoon before dinner.
- The finest Maine craft beer provided by our friends at Maine Beer Company
- Everything will be sustainably sourced and as fresh as it gets!
- Shuttle service to the island runs from the Mere Point Public Boat Launch in Brunswick between 1:30 and 3 pm. Boats will be available to leave the island anytime you want.
- The opportunity to get to know a great group of people who care as much as you do about conserving the Maine coast.
This event is a clambake and will feature the freshest Maine lobster, oysters, mussels, clams, corn, potatoes, and so much more! Vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options available with advance notice.
Maine Beer Company will be pouring all afternoon. Wine will be available with dinner only. No other adult beverages will be permitted on the islands.
- Current Donors: $75 per person - includes a sweet commemorative cup!
- General Ticket Price (21+): $150 per person - add $20 if you want a cup.
- Children under 12: Free
- Children 12 -20: $50
There's plenty of free parking at the Mere Point Public Boat Launch, 15 Birch Island Road, in Brunswick.
What to Bring
You know the drill, pack like you’re spending the day outside—bring towels, beach chairs, blankets, sunscreen, hats, bug spray, water, etc. And of course, layers are always a good idea. Be prepared to get your feet wet getting off and on the boat at the island. There is no dock on the island.
Please note: This is a rugged, uninhabited Maine island. There are no facilities here. We will have a small porta-potty but otherwise, be prepared to be one with nature.
Have questions? Email Kristen at or call her at 207-607-4367.
September is a great time to find a huge variety of mushrooms and fungi throughout the woods. Join MCHT steward Kirk Gentalen for a fascinating, free walk in the woods. Party of the Great Maine Outdoor Weekend.Learn more
Join the James Beard award-winning chefs from Eventide Oyster Co., Hugo’s, and The Honey Paw for a bountiful feast on your favorite Casco Bay islands, The Goslings—and support coastal conservation while you’re at it!Learn more
We'll clean up the beach and then celebrate with a cookout at one of MCHT's newest preserves! Bring the whole family and celebrate Great Maine Outdoor Weekend.Learn more
Join Down East magazine and Maine Coast Heritage Trust to celebrate four Maine artists. 20% of the proceeds will benefit MCHT and conservation of the beautiful Maine coast.Learn more