Surrounded by conserved lands in all directions, Folly Island is the perfect destination for paddlers, picnickers, and wildlife watching enthusiasts.
Folly Island is great for:
- Kayaking – Take advantage of the short, well-protected route from Pretty Marsh Harbor to Folly Island’s inviting beaches.
- Picnicking – Though small, the preserve offers many scenic picnic locales along its shoreline.
How to get there
Folly Island is located in Bartlett Narrows in the town of Mount Desert. The closest public boat launch site is nearby at Bartlett's Landing in Pretty Marsh Harbor. There is also a public ramp with good parking in Seal Cove. On the island, both the northern and southern shores have pocket beaches and good landing sites for small boats.
Preserve information & guidelines
- No Camping Permitted
- Fires By Permit Only - Maine State Law
- Contact Maine Forest Service at 207-827-1800 for Permit
- Keep All Fires Below High Tide Line
- Do Not Cut or Break Tree Limbs, Dead or Alive
- Leave No Fire Unattended
- Completely Extinguish All Fires
- Carry Out All Trash
- Including Human and Pet Waste and Toilet Paper
- Keep Pets Under Control
How to Get There: Folly Island is located in Bartlett Narrows in the town of Mount Desert.