MCHT's Next Wave
We’re Mainers in our 20s, 30s, and 40s on a mission to keep the coast Maine. We do that by providing crucial financial support to Maine Coast Heritage Trust and being ambassadors for the coast.
Here’s what we’re about:
- Sharing our love for the Maine coast
- Seeking deeper knowledge and understanding about the coast and its communities
- Representing diverse perspectives
- Addressing environmental threats close to home
- And giving back to the place that’s given us so much
Here’s what you get when you make a gift and join:
- A new group of friends that’s passionate about an open, healthy, working Maine coast
- A special guide to MCHT preserves with tips from field staff – plus a nifty Keep the Coast Maine sticker!
- Advanced notice and discounts on fun and innovative events for you and a guest
(Did you hear about the clambake on the Goslings with Maine Beer Company and Big Tree Hospitality? It was epic! Check out the photos.)
- Insider updates on new places conserved, initiatives to address climate change, and more
- Recognition in MCHT materials
- And the peace of mind that comes with knowing you’ll always have access to the coast you love
An annual donation of $200 (that’s $16.67 per month) makes you a member of MCHT’s Next Wave. With an annual donation of $500 (that’s $41.67 per month) you can be a part of MCHT’s Next Wave Advisory Council and join us for quarterly meetings to help shape MCHT’s future and relevance to the next generation
Want to learn more?
Feel free to get in touch with Kristen Eaton by or call (207) 607-4367.
Come check us out!
We’ve put together a series of casual get-togethers this winter and spring to share some of the work MCHT is doing up and down the Maine coast. Pick one that suits you and come find out what we're up to.
No pre-registration necessary except for the EVO event which has limited capacity. And no need to hire a babysitter – kids are welcome at all of these events.
Tuesday, February 26, 2019
189 Main Street, Yarmouth
5:00 – 6:30 pm
The name says it all! Let’s gather at Gather for a drink and some apps - the perfect cozy spot on a cold winter’s night. Come tell us about your favorite places in Maine and learn what you can do to preserve them.
Thursday, April 4
“Otters are Easy – Owls are Easier!”
Maine Beer Company
525 US Route 1, Freeport
5:30 – 7:30 pm
MCHT’s rockstar naturalist Kirk Gentalen shares his enthusiasm for tracking in the Maine outdoors. Otters, owls, deer, coyotes, fishers, you name it – he’s seen them all and he can tell you how to find them! Fun for the whole family. Tasty Maine brews and wood-fired pizza available.
Friday, May 31
EVO Rock & Fitness
65 Warren Ave., Portland
6:00 – 8:00 pm
Have you always wanted to try rock climbing? EVO’s staff will guide kids and grown-ups alike up the wall – we’ll provide snacks and encouragement! No experience necessary. (But if you’re a seasoned climber, there will be challenges for you too.)
Need more info on these events? Email Kristen Eaton, or call (207) 607-4367.
We can’t wait to meet you!
MCHT’s Next Wave Advisory Council
- Camie Barrow
- Beba Cabot
- Chelsea Delorme
- Edward Demetriou
- TC Haffenreffer
- Tilly Hagen
- Katie Hatch
- Tripp Kise
- Mike Lambert
- Rebecca Lambert
- Allison Merrick
- Ned Merrick, Co-Chair
- Maya Owens, Co-Chair
- Ben Sampson
- Justin Schair
- Rachel Sears
- Mason Sears
- Arlin Smith
- Sam Spencer
- Lucas St. Clair
- Stacie Vining