There’s only one Maine coast.
Let’s conserve the best of it forever.
Maine Coast Heritage Trust is the state-wide conservation organization keeping the Maine coast healthy, beautiful, and open to you.
Putting Your Donations to Work
Give to Conserve the Maine Coast
Beyond giving back to the coast you love, when you donate to MCHT you’ll receive:
- an insider guide to MCHT preserves
- special discounts on field trips
- publications and updates from the coast
What We’re Working on Now
Maine Coast Heritage Trust’s work spans the entire coast and involves dozens of conservation projects at any given time. Here’s more information about some projects currently underway:
- Opening a Wild Pen Bay Island to the Public – The Monroe Island Project
- Saving One of the Last Wildlife Corridors on the Eastern Seaboard – The Schoodic to Schoodic Initiative
- Keeping Iconic Islands Wild & Open – The Islands Initiative
- Saving Maine’s Salt Marshes as Sea Level Rises – The Marshes for Tomorrow Initiative
- Bringing Fish—and Jobs—Back to Eastern Maine – The Orange River Watershed Initiative
- Restoring the Life Blood of the Coast – The Rivers Initiative
- Securing Public Access to a Beloved Midcoast Island – The Clark Island Project
- Creating a Large Coastal Preserve in Southern Maine – The Woodward Point Project